If you play high school baseball or softball and aspire to play in college, don’t miss this information session at ProSwing– the premiere baseball & softball training facility in the greater New York City area. This highly informative presentation on the college recruiting, admissions and selection process will be led by the Diamond College Advisory Team (DCAT), the nationally recognized advisory service for high achieving student-athletes who are both capable of, and serious about, playing baseball or softball in college.
By attending this seminar, student-athletes and parents will have the opportunity to:
- Close the information gap that exists with respect to the college recruiting & admission processes
- Obtain information specifically geared toward helping the motivated student-athlete be proactive in the college admissions process and in their training
Topics for discussion may include:
- Demystifying the recruiting process and “college coach speak.”
- Interactions with college coaches and admissions officers
- Recruiting Process “timing” & the 3 phases of the process: Preparation, Exposure, Detective
- How to market yourself the “right” way to college coaches
- Predatory businesses that infiltrate the market-what to believe and what not to believe
- How to maximize the effectiveness of showcases, camps and tournaments
- Scholarships, financial aid, roster limitations and National Letters of Intent
- There is more to college baseball/softball than just the elite Division I programs
- Recruiting process pitfalls to avoid
- General information regarding the DCAT program that is designed to aid student-athletes and their families in navigating the entire recruiting and admissions process
The presentation will feature a highly interactive Q & A period designed to respond to your questions concerning the college recruiting, admissions, search and selection processes.