Our King Of the Infield Clinic was designed by Ryan Roman as a progression program specifically for infielders ages 10 and up who are looking to take the next step in their infield development. The main goal of this program is to help each player improve on the fundamentals as well as help them elevate their mental approach to the game.
Some of the areas that we will cover throughout this clinic include:
- Footwork: for throws from every position and any base. We will also be using the ladder and working on getting the footwork correct to get proper momentum through the motion in order to make more accurate throws.
- Pre-Pitch Routine: working on having the best first-step possible to receive the ball and make the right plays.
- Hands: various drills to improve the hand-eye coordination. As an infielder one of your biggest assets are your hands!
- Game situations: going over game situations and becoming more confident with any play.
- Double plays: specific drills for proper footwork and technique. You’ll also be learning how to keep yourself safe and away from collisions and injury while turning the double play.